BRUG logo

Bromsgrove Rail User Group

Alvechurch Station

Alvechurch station was opened in November 1859. Services beyond Redditch ceased in 1962. The station was threatened with closure following the publication of the Beeching Report in 1963 but subsequently reprieved.

In 1980 the branch became part of the recently inaugurated Cross-City Line from Lichfield City via Birmingham New Street. The Cross City Line was electrified in 1993.

In 2014 Network Rail added a passing loop to the previously single track between Barnt Green and Redditch. They also added a second platform with a footbridge and lifts, so there is step free access to both platforms. The service increased to 3 trains per hour.

The car park is unfinished. There are no marked bays and the surface is rough with numerous potholes that flood in wet weather. It is free of charge.

Alvechurch

Alvechurch Station, 7th August 2018

Alvechurch

Alvechurch Station and car park, 7th August 2018