BRUG logo

Bromsgrove Rail User Group

Barnt Green Station

Barnt Green station was opened in 1844. It stands at the junction of the Redditch branch of the Cross-City Line and the Cross Country Route. The station was threatened with closure following the publication of the Beeching Report in 1963 but subsequently reprieved.

A new footbridge with increased clearance for 25kV running wires was built in 2015. The old footbridge was dismantled and purchased by a private individual, but it is not known where it is now. The new bridge has provision for lifts but these have not been installed. As a result there is step free access to platforms 1 and 4 only. There is a small (charged) car park adjacent to platform 4.

Barnt Green

Barnt Green Station, 7th August 2018

Old footbridge

The original footbridge

New footbridge

The new footbridge in position with the old footbridge, now dismantled, behind it.